Every kind of gift drives artistic excellence and makes equity, racial, and social justice a real possibility in Sarasota.
Help amplify voices. Donating to Modern Marimba, a 501c3 nonprofit organization, will help enhance your life, the lives of friends, neighbors, and people in the Southwest Florida area through activities such as concerts, collaborations, summer music programs, live-streamed performances on social media, and new music commissions by today’s figures in music. Everyone deserves equitable access to music.
MODMA aspires to be a nonprofit organization grounded in equity for those who continue to be marginalized, and that takes a different kind of work than what is currently being done around us. Modern Marimba is committed to these ten principles inspired by Community-Centric Fundraising:
1. We foster respect for living beings.
2. Our mission is not as important as the health of the Sarasota community and the health of the planet.
3. We promote the understanding that people benefit by engaging in music – it’s not just about charity and compassion.
4. We see the work in music as holistic and transformative, not transactional.
5. We recognize that healing and liberation require a commitment to economic justice.
6. Donations must be grounded in equity, racial, and social justice. We are committed to creating sustainable and equitable musical ecosystems that dismantle oppression.
7. We treat donors as partners, and this means that we are transparent and are willing to have difficult conversations.
8. All who engage in strengthening community in the Sarasota and greater area through our organization are equally valued, whether a musician, composer, student, teacher, volunteer, staff, donor, audience member, or board member.
9. Time is valued as equally as money.
10. We are generous and mutually supportive of other nonprofits and mutual aid groups that share our values.
We hope you consider making a gift today, and we are thankful towards all for the support that has helped provide the artistic and financial stability necessary to adjust during these difficult times.
Donations by check may be sent to our mailing address:
P.O. Box 2066
Sarasota, FL 34230
Modern Marimba is thankful to the many donors who generously support its mission. It gives special thanks to the Community Foundation of Sarasota County and the Patterson Foundation.
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE WITHIN THE STATE (1-800-435-7352). REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE. Please refer to registration #CH60203. A professional solicitor has not been retained and Modern Marimba receives 100% of your contribution. EIN: 84-2738377