The Modern Marimba micro-grant program offers two $250.00 grants a year (first come, first served starting January 1, 2023) to any student who shares an identity with the ones listed below and is enrolled in a K-12 Florida public music program for percussion.
A student may apply for this grant once a year. It’s a very short and easy form.
***Modern Marimba acknowledges that our work as a nonprofit organization through grants or any kind of charity and/or mutual aid, is not an equitable end goal or replacement for systemic change. If you need immediate assistance or need aid by other means other than through this grant, please email ModernMarimba@gmail.com.
The purpose of this micro-grant is to offer financial support for students who identify with the following historically oppressed groups of people studying percussion:
- BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color)
- LGBTQIA+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or questioning, intersex, asexual, non-binary gender, genderqueer, gender fluid and all the many beautiful identities)
- Disabled (vision impairment, deaf or hard of hearing, mental health conditions, intellectual disability, acquired brain injury, autism spectrum disorder, physical disability, and many more)
- Women (includes girls, femmes, trans women, and all humans who also intersect with any of the above identities)
These funds can be used for the following:
- mallets, instrument purchase or rental, sheet music, music supplies, private lessons, band instrument rental fees, FBA solo and ensemble fees for mallet solos/ensembles, recording equipment, hotels and travel, summer music programs, etc. These funds may also be used for food, gas, rent, utilities, and all the ways that remove obstacles of oppression.
*The information requested will remain confidential and only be used to verify enrollment with the schools and music directors.
If you would like to make a donation to support our Micro-Grant Program,
please click the link below and specify you would like your donation to go towards
Micro-Grants for youth BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, Disabled, and Women