Let’s support the future.
There are many Ways to Give.
Sponsor a private lesson or a master class session virtually or in-person in Sarasota and Manatee County schools.
- We have outstanding clinicians ready to teach in schools and virtually through Zoom.
- Sponsor a master class or a virtual lesson for students. Virtual students benefit with live feedback from instructors.
Sponsor the purchase of an instrument at a local school.
- Sponsor the purchase of a mallet keyboard instrument for schools or students in need.
- This includes needs for equipment such as mallets, instrument repairs, and sheet music.
Help us commission a new work for young people.
- Modern Marimba commissions new pieces by composers and music creators, amplifying the voices of people who identify as BIPOC, LGBTQIA+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or questioning, intersex, asexual, and more), people with disabilities, and womxn, and requests these pieces be added to the Florida Bandmasters Association (FBA) music list.
- Students also have the opportunity to perform these works in recitals and the Florida Bandmasters Association’s District and State Solo & Ensemble Music Performance Assessment (MPA).
Sponsor a Facebook livestream performance +Q&A session with guest artists.
- Modern Marimba moderates a virtual series highlighting current figures in music. Guests are invited to perform and discuss a variety of topics. Anyone with access to a Facebook account can watch this series. Visit our Facebook page.
Make a tax-deductible donation to Modern Marimba.
- Specify you would like your donation to be used for our Youth Educational Programs or our Micro-Grant Program for students in Sarasota or Manatee County who identify as BIPOC, Queer, disabled, and/or womxn.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss specific giving opportunities.
*The CARES Act, recently passed by Congress, provides a universal deduction for contributions, including ticket donations, made in 2020, of up to $300, even for taxpayers who do not itemize. Additionally, for tax year 2020, Congress has lifted the existing cap on annual contributions for itemizers from 60% to 100% of Adjusted Gross Income (AGI). Modern Marimba meets all requirements specified by the Florida Solicitation of Contributions Act.
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE WITHIN THE STATE (1-800-435-7352). REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE. Please refer to registration #CH60203. A professional solicitor has not been retained and Modern Marimba receives 100% of your contribution. EIN: 84-2738377
© 2020, All Rights Reserved.
Modern Marimba is a 501c3 nonprofit organization.